Wednesday, September 4, 2013

The past month, and a call for help.

If you've come to this blog, and do not know me from a hole in the ground, I understand.  I'm not looking to cause trouble.  I'm not looking to become the bane of the inter-tubes.  I'm asking for financial and emotional aid for a problem that has come up in my life.  I'm a fairly private person.  I don't want to hang those around me who have helped me.  All I am asking is, if you don't have anything nice to say, please keep your opinions to yourself.  

Truth be told, you don't know me or what I've been facing.  I know not everyone is going to be on my side.  I did the right thing.  I could have said nothing to the state, not encouraged my husband to turn himself in, and right now, I'd be sitting comfortably with my children, but that wouldn't have been the right thing to do.  I appreciate all those who are with me.

For those of you who don't know...  Below is the newspaper article referring to the situation, I'm being somewhat vague because this involves my children.

My life on the evening news


Child Protective Services did investigate a few times, but found, just as I did, that there didn't seem to be a problem...  When the accused came to me on July 31st and told me everything he did, I understood what had to be done, and did my best.  I encouraged the accused to turn himself in, after a few crazy moments, he did the right thing.  I have not seen him since Aug 1st, when he was locked up for his crimes.

Today, I was told by CPS that they were moving to terminate my parental rights for a "Failure to protect"  What this means is, I knew something was wrong and allowed the abuse to occur anyway.  Well, as I said, when CPS came out to the house a few times and found nothing out of order... So I believed everything was ok.  It wasn't until the accused told me that abuse HAD occurred that I believed otherwise.  My agent even said he felt this was completely wrong, but he had to do his job, and according to the computer, this is what he had to do. NO HUMAN DECISION MADE.  Let that sink in for a minute.  He left it up to a bloody computer whether or not my kids would be taken from me, he left it up to a computer as to whether or not my life would be forever impacted by being added to the Central Registry for Child Abuse in Michigan. If I lose the job I have now, I will be unable to get employment, because, in spite of what the CPS worker believes, every possible employer looks at that registry before hiring.  My career is over if I lose my job right now, and I am close to losing my job.  I will be able to get my name removed from the registry, provided I can jump through hoops the way CPS feels I should.

I have already retained a reasonable lawyer who has been doing work for my family for years, but I need help affording the costs of it. 

I need to know I have support out there.  I need to know that I did the right thing to throw my husband in jail, I need to know that I am not a bad Mom in spite of what the state's fancy computer thinks.  If you stand with me, please let me know it, drop me a letter, a comment, if you can afford to help me financially, please help me Here on Fundrazr.

I need my family, my friends and my community right now.  Please help me?

4 comments:

  1. I certainly think that you did the right thing. Know that you are supported, and I wholeheartedly agree that there is no reason you should stand to lose your children. I wish I could help more financially, but as it is I will be keeping you and your children in my thoughts & prayers.

    ReplyDelete
  2. As a victim of childhood sexual abuse I can tell you you did the right thing.
    As a mom I can tell you you did the right thing. You are adjustment supported. It is good for both the victims and your children to know someone is doing the right thing and it sets a good example for the future regardless of how things turn out. Hopefully everything looks bleek right now but works out in the end. I wish you loads of luck and will keep you in my prayers.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Coming from 26 yrs of abuse I can say you did the right thing by turning him in, and your not a bad mom. I feel you, I have fought legal battles of all kinds for 10 years. You and your family are in my prayers. I wish there was more I could do. *hugs*

    ReplyDelete