Saturday, March 16, 2013

Lifting the heavy things

Tonight at work was difficult.
and I felt overwhelmed, but then I realized things were't so bad.

Tonight is an anniversary of sorts, a bad one.  When my friend started to drive to somewhere... she was hit by an oncoming car, a drunk at the wheel.

Tonight, I'm lifting the heavy things off my chest.

Anna Bonde has a scholarship in her name, and a whole event at my old High School.  And although the event is fun, I would give it up just to see her smile again.  We all would.  All these years, I ask myself, "why her?"  She was... an amazing human being.  More here.

Everything's different here since I last wrote.  I left my awful job at the cable company to pursue something not so grim, and now I find that I miss my friends.  My best friend is even different.

Life moves in a cycle though, and I'm finding this cycle a hard one to crack.  I'm just glad that I've been given the opportunity to try again.

Now I'm going to go with my relative alone-ness, I may cry, I may not.  
I'm just thankful for the life I am living now, for those I have known in my past both living and deceased.

Please, everyone be careful and come home safely this weekend, a little green beer is not worth giving up everything for.

No comments:

Post a Comment