Tuesday, May 24, 2011

Sanity

People keep asking me how I "tick", how is it I remain sane enough to continue functioning on a pseudo normal level.
So here are a few things I do when I have time to help my sanity remain intact.

First of all, and I know I've mentioned this before, but I'm mentioning it again: it's just that important.
Hypnosis CDs from Dan Gordon, the best Hypnotist EVAR.  
This is reserved for times of extreme stress, like this weekend, after the wedding, the birthday party, my daughter telling me some things about her life at home, Paul's two seizures, yeah, this was a CD sort of weekend.

But other things I do?

Well I am blessed to live in Ann Arbor, land of the free, home of the strange.

So, when the going gets tough, the tough have Tea, at Teahaus
Then go smoke a Hookah.
Hit the Hot Tubs
Travel near and far.  I like the UP, but it's a long drive, I do enjoy Gallup Park which is an alternative a few minutes from my house, and the kids like it because the play structure there is very unique.   They also have canoeing, which isn't terribly exciting to children my kids ages, but it is for older kids.

Sometimes just taking a walk and getting outside of your headspace is very beneficial to your sanity.

Also, in order to keep stuff together as far as family functions, especially for those who's memories give out at random I like to use Google calendar , which will text you when you are getting ready to miss things.
A supportive family and friend network who is willing to help, their your friends and family, don't be afraid to ask when you really need them.

No comments:

Post a Comment