Monday, May 23, 2011

To sleep perchance to dream... of sleeping.

Well, this was a super long weekend.
Ok, so int actuality it was very short. Almost too short.
Saturday we went to a wedding, it was also Tom's birthday. Sunday was Tom's birthday party.
I should have known how things were going to go this weekend.

First we got a call from the camp ground, we are going on vacation next weekend like half of the world.
They asked if we wanted lake front. After the past few months? HELL YEAH.

We only went to the reception, getting children to sit still at a wedding is much like getting them to load the dishwasher.
While at the reception, I got an IM from a very dear friend from my past, asking frantically "Are you ok?" It was Saturday, (Apocalypse Day for those who have been trying to forget) so I just assumed it was his Jewish worry gene kicking into over time which it does from time to time. I IMed him back saying "yes, we are all fine. I'm at a wedding right now though, we'll chat later."

Then Dan and Evan played the spinny game on the dance floor. Evan let go of Dan, Dan went flying head first into the dance floor. He got a huge bruise. After that, (and much discussion about how the cars were going to be laid out, about 3 or 4 different times) decisions were made. My in laws took the kids, we took my brother and sister in law home, (they were in from Chicago, not Uncle Mike, our Nanny extraordinaire. He's not married for all you single gals out there looking for a kindly man to watch their kids.)

Eventually we decided to go home, we made our way to the car. Took part in the sort of conversation that you just bear witness and agree. (Because even the most successful business folks need others to believe in them, and we've never STOPPED believing in them.)

I got everyone home in one piece. Sunday, I got up right at 8, (because you know, with the smaller children gone I could have actually slept in a little...) I had told my in laws I'd be there at 9am. I tried to wake Lily, NADA, I tried to wake Paul, same result.
I shrugged. I can't leave them alone with one another due to previous agreements, I needed ONE of them to come with me. So, 10 passed around and I finally got them both awake, dressed and out the door.
Got a text that the tent I was eyeing went on sale.

Got to my in laws at 11, 2 hours past when I was supposed to be there. Oh well.
We had forgotten to eat breakfast today, so in our running around trying to get everything ready for the micro-party we had for Tom at my in laws, Paul had a seizure. Tonic clonic (Gran mal), may have hit his head on the toilet, bad seizure.

He came to and went to bed. The party went on. The kids, Meg, Apollo (her son who is a day and a half older that Tom) and Keegan (who is 6 months older than Dan) All had a great time with squirt guns and sharing baby food.
We were fed, I checked on Paul, he was fine.

By the time cake time came, Meg had to go and Paul came to again. (we'll leave out the part where Meg and I put up the new tent I had bought and the kids rolled it around the yard, ASSEMBLED.)
Paul came down for cake, picture were taken, all was fine.

Paul was running around with the kids in no time and then BLAM! Another Tonic Clonic. An ambulance was called, as was Lily's father who had to come out to Ann Arbor.
and tests were run, and nothing was decided... ya know, the normal thing

They said his levels were on the low end of normal, his blood sugar was low, his temp was not really staying stable...
Finally they let him come home. And now here we are... and I have an appointment for Tabbers in a few hours at his doctors... UGH, why did I sign up for this gig again? :)

No comments:

Post a Comment